Austin office and warehouse sublease
Austin office subleases provide an opportunity for you as a tenant to sublet an office or warehouse space in Austin potentially below the current market leasing rate. There are advantages and disadvantages to subletting an office space or warehouse space. There are distinct potential benefits as well to an Austin sublease. Within the information below, you will find a quick snapshot of what is involved when subleasing an office or warehouse. If you would like more detailed information please click on the bottom link. Shire Commercial from time to time does list sublease space.
A warehouse space that is for sublet is not as easy a find and not as typical, however they do exist from time to time. Austin office space subleases are more prevalent and depending on the current market may increase or decrease in inventory. For warehouse properties, what tends to be more prevalent is a warehouse property that is occupied by an existing tenant that wants to sublease some of their space while they still occupy the warehouse.
The same rules will apply to the warehouse sublease as they do the office sublease.
Some advantages of office or warehouse subleasing are as follows:
A tenant may be able to sublet an office or warehouse at a discounted lease rate. If you require a shorter lease term, a sublease may work much better for your company or if you are a startup and want something for less than 3 years, this may be the solution for you.
More About Subleasing Benefits and Disadvantages
Some sublease disadvantages include:
- No signage for the office or warehouse space, making subleases more difficult to find
- Subleasing an office or warehouse space may not be financially sound depending on what the Sublessee’s (meaning you as the new tenant) credit is like
- You will have to take the office or warehouse space “as is” since there is typically no improvement allowance unless they are minor like painting etc.
- If the sublease term is too short, we can help you negotiate a direct lease in conjunction with your sublease so you can occupy the space for a longer lease period.
Take advantage of our monthly tracking online within this website of office subleases or warehouse subleases in the Austin area; contact us today for a free assessment or for more recent data!
License Number #0524917
11300 Prairie Dog Trl, Austin, TX 78750
Phone: (512) 947-5896
- Foreign Investment in Austin Commercial Real EstateJuly 16, 2019 - 3:59 pm
Foreign Investment in Austin Commercial Real Estate | Overview Are you a foreign investor or business that wants to make a foreign investment in Austin Commercial Real Estate as a new home for your business? If so, this blog article is for you providing an overview of the process involved to purchase commercial real estate […]
- Austin Office Market for Q2 2019July 2, 2019 - 3:55 pm
Austin Office Market for Q2 2019 | Summary How did the Austin office market fair for Q2 2019? Positive signs were a part of the first quarter of 2019 are still in play with vacancy rates dropping below to a historic record of 9%. Lease rates have risen to historic highs , pre-leasing activity drove […]