Austin office and warehouse sublease
Austin office subleases provide an opportunity for you as a tenant to sublet an office or warehouse space in Austin potentially below the current market leasing rate. There are advantages and disadvantages to subletting an office space or warehouse space. There are distinct potential benefits as well to an Austin sublease. Within the information below, you will find a quick snapshot of what is involved when subleasing an office or warehouse. If you would like more detailed information please click on the bottom link. Shire Commercial from time to time does list sublease space.
A warehouse space that is for sublet is not as easy a find and not as typical, however they do exist from time to time. Austin office space subleases are more prevalent and depending on the current market may increase or decrease in inventory. For warehouse properties, what tends to be more prevalent is a warehouse property that is occupied by an existing tenant that wants to sublease some of their space while they still occupy the warehouse.
The same rules will apply to the warehouse sublease as they do the office sublease.
Some advantages of office or warehouse subleasing are as follows:
A tenant may be able to sublet an office or warehouse at a discounted lease rate. If you require a shorter lease term, a sublease may work much better for your company or if you are a startup and want something for less than 3 years, this may be the solution for you.
More About Subleasing Benefits and Disadvantages
Some sublease disadvantages include:
- No signage for the office or warehouse space, making subleases more difficult to find
- Subleasing an office or warehouse space may not be financially sound depending on what the Sublessee’s (meaning you as the new tenant) credit is like
- You will have to take the office or warehouse space “as is” since there is typically no improvement allowance unless they are minor like painting etc.
- If the sublease term is too short, we can help you negotiate a direct lease in conjunction with your sublease so you can occupy the space for a longer lease period.
Take advantage of our monthly tracking online within this website of office subleases or warehouse subleases in the Austin area; contact us today for a free assessment or for more recent data!
License Number #9003558
11300 Prairie Dog Trl, Austin, TX 78750
Phone: (512) 947-5896
- Seller DisclosureAugust 16, 2019 - 7:48 pm
Commercial Office Space Austin | Seller Disclosure Truths If you are selling a commercial office or office building , this primer (summary) can help with Seller disclosure and the truths around having to use one. Disclosure Truth 1 As a seller you can use TREC’s seller’s disclosure of property condition document TXR 1406 or another […]
- Commercial Office Space AustinJuly 25, 2019 - 8:30 pm
Commercial Office Space Austin | Summer 2019 Austin’s commercial office space market for the summer of 2019 equals 2 words, higher rates! Current lease rates for commercial office space have hit all time highs in the Austin area. Vacancy rates are down now below 10%. Average asking rate is $37.00 per SF per year, see […]