Austin office and warehouse sublease
Austin office subleases provide an opportunity for you as a tenant to sublet an office or warehouse space in Austin potentially below the current market leasing rate. There are advantages and disadvantages to subletting an office space or warehouse space. There are distinct potential benefits as well to an Austin sublease. Within the information below, you will find a quick snapshot of what is involved when subleasing an office or warehouse. If you would like more detailed information please click on the bottom link. Shire Commercial from time to time does list sublease space.
A warehouse space that is for sublet is not as easy a find and not as typical, however they do exist from time to time. Austin office space subleases are more prevalent and depending on the current market may increase or decrease in inventory. For warehouse properties, what tends to be more prevalent is a warehouse property that is occupied by an existing tenant that wants to sublease some of their space while they still occupy the warehouse.
The same rules will apply to the warehouse sublease as they do the office sublease.
Some advantages of office or warehouse subleasing are as follows:
A tenant may be able to sublet an office or warehouse at a discounted lease rate. If you require a shorter lease term, a sublease may work much better for your company or if you are a startup and want something for less than 3 years, this may be the solution for you.
More About Subleasing Benefits and Disadvantages
Some sublease disadvantages include:
- No signage for the office or warehouse space, making subleases more difficult to find
- Subleasing an office or warehouse space may not be financially sound depending on what the Sublessee’s (meaning you as the new tenant) credit is like
- You will have to take the office or warehouse space “as is” since there is typically no improvement allowance unless they are minor like painting etc.
- If the sublease term is too short, we can help you negotiate a direct lease in conjunction with your sublease so you can occupy the space for a longer lease period.
Take advantage of our monthly tracking online within this website of office subleases or warehouse subleases in the Austin area; contact us today for a free assessment or for more recent data!
License Number #0524917
11300 Prairie Dog Trl, Austin, TX 78750
Phone: (512) 947-5896
- Improvements White Box SpaceMarch 12, 2019 - 4:00 pm
Improvements | White Box Space What is a white box space? A question like this may come up from a tenant that is looking to occupy a retail space or office space in Austin. White box is defined as an improved space that is “vanilla” , it really does not have any amenities or tenant […]
- Austin Office Market -End of Year 2018February 18, 2019 - 8:57 pm
Austin Office Market | End of Year 2018 During the first half of 2018, the Austin office market was relatively flat. Towards the end of 2018, the office market actually made a rebound. Austin vacancy rates did go below 10% , lower vacancies translates to higher lease rates. New construction commenced for the office […]